Subject: Re: ScreamerNet organization
From: [email-masked] (Frank Aalbers)
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 1996 13:34:44 -0700

lightwave ([email-masked]) wrote:

 l>  For instance, is it required that there be unique share names for all 
 l> the drives on the system?  What type of strategies do you use when
 l> multiple 
 l> animators are working on a project, etc...

The easyest way is to have one system with major storagecapacity . This one
doesnt really has to be a fast system . On that system you can put your
projects you are working on and render your frames to . Easy is also to have a
kinda video sytem on it like a PVR or so . To output and input video .

This system is included with the rest of the computers that are networked .
These are the ones nedded to work or render on .

Every computer should acces the storage computer with the same network name
. Say Z: .

Now you can make a commands directory on the Z: that is going to include
the screamnet command files .

On every LW system you should set the commands directory of screamernet to
the same directory like Z:/commands .

Put in every LW computer in the programs directory a batchfiles like this .

lwsn -2 z:/commands/job1 z:/commands/ack1

This wil startup the lwsn.exe program that is in the programs directory
with screamernetII option and using job1 and ack1 as command files .

Be sure to use a different job and ack number for every system that is
going to be rendering in that network starting from number 1 .

Every screamernet system will use the same LW.cfg the Layout uses in that
system so it should find all the PlugIns and default settings you can acces
when using Layout .

Now start one of the LW systems up and go to the screamernet menu . You can
use whatever computer you want to control the screamernet . Be sure they
all use z:/commands as commands directory ...

Frank Aalbers